Thursday, May 04, 2006

Working to the Music

The factory doesn't allow radios. For someone like me, this is a blessing. It also means that I hum, whistle, and sing while working. What I have discovered;

When I whistle, there is a 90 percent chance that it will be 99 Red Balloons.
Hast Du etwas Zeit für mich
Dann singe ich ein Lied fuer Dich
When I hum it will usually be Beethoven's 9th. Lovely lovely Ludwig Van.
Freude! Froh Freude!
Freude, schöner Götterfunken
Tochter aus Elysium!
Singing is far more frightening as I break into Hanks Williams' Honky Tonk Girls.
Honky tonk girls, honky tonk girls,
With their big hair and their rhinestones and their pearls.
Honky tonk girls, honky tonk girls,
Well it's Saturday night and I'm gettin' tight with my honky tonk girl.
When I was a grinder operator I used to sing the entire Rocky Horror Picture Show soundtrack. Glad those days are behind me.

1 comment:

Bree O'Connor said...

Try being a pregnant bar tender for Rocky Horror on Broadway and see how well you develop your belt.