Monday, May 29, 2006

Where there's Spark there's Fire

It was a good effort today. I gave the old girl all I could for one day. In the end, I got her started. She roared beautifully. She'll go. She still won't stop. The plunger is binding in the master cylinder. I'm going to take it into work and hone it out on the precision honer we've got there.

The old drum brakes on the Ironheads are real pieces of crap. All that power to thrust you forward and a half-assed drum brake to stop you. The rear drum brake on TAZ is the same way. You have to rely almost entirely on the front disc brake. Sera didn't even used to have a front brake. Then I wore out a pair of good boots performing emergency Flintstones braking maneuvers. So she got a disc brake up front. It has never worked as well as it should have. Hopefully I can change that tomorrow.

I tend to forget what different beasts my two Ironheads are. I'd swear that Sera weighs about half what TAZ does. She also leans about twice as far to the left when on her kick stand. TAZ is LOUD. Sera generates volume and tone. Sera also has a habit of marking territory and blowing oil caps. As soon as she fired up today she took a leak on the driveway.

No comments: