Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Review: 10,000 Days

TOOL's latest album, 10,000 Days, is awesome. I mean really, really awesome. Totally awesome, even.

Every time they come out with a new album the fear hits me. Will this be the one where they stop exceeding their previous works? Will this be the one where they don't surprise me? I hope that day never comes. One of these days I'm going to listen to Opiate, Undertow, AEnima, Lateralus, and 10,000 Days in that order in one sitting. Hey, I've got Monday off!

When listening to TOOL, even when hearing one of their albums for the first time, I immediately get the sense that their music is coming from a well that I have visited often. There is another language being spoken behind it all and my subconscious can speak it and understand it. I've been there. I've done that. We have received the same signals. Our nervous systems may process the data differently, but the thumb print is there. Any others out there get that experience?

No comments: