Monday, May 08, 2006

Environmental Poser

I figured out my mileage from my motorcycle excursion this weekend. While I normally get about 35 mpg around town, on the open road I was getting over 40 mpg. The downside is that I have to purchase high octane fuel, premium. I also use a lead substitute because of the old engine. That costs about $10 a bottle and I have been using the same bottle for over five years and still have over half the bottle. Sometimes I also purchase some octane booster to get the fuel mixture closer to the 100+ octane the thing was meant to run on, but I didn't do that this weekend. When I purchase that it costs about $5 a bottle and will last me about 20 fill ups. Regardless, I was experiencing some decent gas mileage while getting to keep my tough as nails image.

No comments: