Saturday, May 13, 2006

Indifference

I whole heartedly encourage people to buy American products, especially union made American goods. I also have no problem with buying British, German, Swedish, Venezuelan, Bolivian, and other non-exploitive products. So I should be happy to hear that Big Three auto retirees launch buy-US campaign, right?

I could care less. Why would former CEO's exercising their stock options want you to buy goods from the companies they formerly worked for? How would that benefit them? Maybe it's because they didn't get to cash in on the huge salaries current CEO's get. But my mind wanders.

So yes, by all means give preferential treatment to American goods. Then kick out the CEO's and let the employees run things. After all, Ford was established on the ideas of a guy named Henry, built on the sweat and labor of hard working unions, and made rich via the wallets of the consumers. As far as vehicles go, I would suggest a pre-1980 American model, you know, from when CEO's only made 10 times as much as their employees and workers received a decent wage and benefits package. They rock.

No comments: