Friday, May 26, 2006

Einstürzende Neubauten


If a person looked through my music collection they would probably assume that my favorite artists are Tool/APC, Johnny Cash, Einstürzende Neubauten, The Reverend Horton Heat, Social Distortion/Mike Ness, Dead Milkmen, Pogues, Butthole Surfers, Bill Hicks, The Pixies, Madness, and The Beatles (based on number of tracks from each). Profile THAT!

By quantity, Einstürzende Neubauten is the clear front runner. I'm talking half again as much as the runner-up with several old albums I really need to add to my collection one of these days. Which makes me think I should sign up for their fan supported project. Yet I never find myself humming one of their tunes or singing their song lyrics while riding down the road. Working in the factory I tend to live their music. For those of you unfamiliar with their work, here are some suggestions. If you enjoy your sounds on the melodic side, check out Ende Neu. For the truly brave and experimental types willing to let their ears bleed, try Zeichnungen des Patienten O.T. For a third perspective, Halber Mensch is one of my favorites with a great variety of sounds.

No comments: