Thursday, May 04, 2006

Automatic Teller

After work I decided to stop by Taco Bell. Sometimes it helps to have the whole drive through process so mechanical that you don't even have to hear the person on the other end. If I could have gone inside to order I would have. Drive through service only by the time I get off of work. With engine roaring I pulled up to the speaker.

TB: Wah wah wah Bell. Wah wah wah order wah.
Me: I WOULD LIKE A GRANDE MEAL! FOUR BURITTOS! SIX SOFT TACOS!
TB: Wah wah wah wah grande wah wah wah wah. Wah thing wah?
Me: THAT'S ALL!
TB: Wah wah wah wah wah wah.

I pulled ahead and took out my wallet. The boy at the window said something to me. I looked at the electronic sign and pulled out a ten dollar bill. When he gave me back my change he said something else which was completely lost to my ears.

Me: I'D LIKE SOME FIRE AND SOME HOT!

A few moments later he handed me a bag with some other unintelligible phrase to which I simply nodded. I slipped the tacos into my saddle bag and had an absolutely gorgeous ride home.

Is this like the opposite of my news rant where I bitch about people saying, "You know what I mean"?

No comments: