Thursday, June 15, 2006

Pointing and Giggling: ZeFrank is Creeped Out by Minnesota Nice

Jewbacca posted a video blog of ZeFrank being Creeped Out by Minnesota Nice. As a Minnesota escapee I can say that it is a decent overview of what the MSP is like. However I take issue with his definition of 'cool'. For myself, what he describes would more appropriately be labeled as 'hip'. People often confuse the two, especially if they aren't cool.

When looking for property in Portland our realtor kept showing us all the neighborhoods he though 'cool people' like my wife and I would appreciate. They were, in fact, the 'hip' neighborhoods full of 'hip' people. And that's just freakin' annoying.

3 comments:

David said...

Okay, Jake- what is the correct definition of "cool"?

X said...

My mom says I'm cool.

Unknown said...

It goes a little like this.

And X, we already know that (same post).