Wednesday, June 07, 2006

How to be Cool

Last night as I rode home from work, it seemed like everyone was following me. Today at work I found out they were doing exactly that! People were coming up to me and saying things like, "We were following you for a while, and dude, you get 10 out of 10 for style points." Another said, "You look so comfortable on your bike. I couldn't ride that." I know of at least seven people who followed me last night, just watching me ride the chopper.

So if you want to be cool you should build a killer custom chopper, right? Wrong! That's how I do it. I always wanted a chopper so I built one that looks the way I want it to look and is a custom fit for my extended frame with its long arms and legs. Because it embodies my transportation hopes and dreams, the chopper known as Sera is an extension of myself. When you buy a Hummer "in your choice of factory colors" you cage yourself in an icon of someone else's making. Sera is a power-pentacle expanding my worldly presence. An H2 is a demonic seal used to bind you into the servitude of those who control the design. Slavery is very uncool.

If you want to be cool, do as Joseph Campbell suggests and, "Follow your bliss."

No comments: