Friday, June 30, 2006

Kinder Care With Hans and Frans

Supposedly weighted toys help kids get fit during playtime.
"Handling heavier objects, either through play or instruction, may provide opportunities to increase workload intensity in a benign manner allowing for subsequent improvements in children's physical fitness," Ozmun's group concludes.
So I am a big strong Viking god of a man because I played with big die-cast toy tractors instead of the 'safer' plastic ones as a kid after lifting buckets of feed and water, pitching shit, fighting off alien invaders, and wrestling cows. So for all you rich yuppie parents out there who are scared your child might grow into a great big lard ball, I've got my old die cast tractors in a crate upstairs. Let's start the bidding at, oh, let's say $1,000 each! Come on, this is your child's future we're talking about.

1 comment:

iSirkus said...

Your page keeps chiming at me!