Thursday, June 01, 2006

Make Me Sweat

Seraphine has personality in spades.

Brand new kicker pedal on her. Brand spankin' new! It was the fourth one I've had to put on her. Damn thing fell off on my way to work and I didn't even notice. At least that's what the old girl would have me believe. She secretly plots to dispose of them. So I made a new one at work tonight. Drag strip rat bike special. I now have a big shoulder bolt on a swivel for a kicker pedal. Lighter weight so you can go faster.

Taking off for work she started with just two kicks. After work I kicked her for 20-30 minutes. Then there was explaining to the janitor why it wasn't the plugs and why it wasn't the battery. Finally I pushed her to the end of the factory driveway, rolled her down, and popped the clutch. Thinking back, I don't recal ever succesfully popping a clutch on a bike before. I can recall trying it once with the old Honda CB500T. Trying to pull off that maneuver on two wheels on gravel is... interesting. Tonight, Sera started for me. I rolled across the street into the post office parking lot. There I zipped up my jacket and strapped on my helmet. Yep, I broke the law again. The night air was warm, but the jacket helped to protect my sweat soaked body from cooling off too quickly.

No comments: