Friday, June 23, 2006

Campaign Promise

This blog started as a bid for President and every now and again I remember that. Sorry. I'll try to make it less frequent. But deep down everyone harbors that little imp. You'll be going along reading a news story... okay, for most people they are going along watching a news story when the little imp pops up and says, "If I were in charge, I'd do things thusly." It is usually followed by some personal agenda like food for all children, the abolition of taxes, nuking anyone who so much as looks at our country sideways, or making it legal to chase and harpoon dolphins while on a jet ski with your 16 year old mistress.

Unfortunately no matter what you do, someone will get mad at you for doing it. You just can't please everyone. But one thing most people can agree on is status quo government. Anything a President does will piss off a good number of people.

When elected, I promise to do nothing. My running mate has already made me promise him that he won't have to do anything. Have you ever heard anyone complain about the Taft administration? So there you have it. We'll draw our salaries for eight years then get the hell out, leaving government exactly the way we found it. What you do with it after that is your business.

1 comment:

X said...

I will, however, accept bribes.

No small bills, please.