Sunday, June 11, 2006

Extreme Caution

Blizzard has started a Recruit-a-Friend campaign for their hit title, World of Warcraft. As you may know, I got into this game early. It sucked the soul right out of me, I quit for a while, and have now returned on a much more occasional basis. My wife plays far more than I, but she always was more of a gamer.

So here's the deal:

If for some reason you have always wanted to see what this World of Warcraft thing is all about and you meet the system requirements, drop me a line and I'll give you the hook up for a free 10 day trial. But I am dead serious when I warn you that if you have an addictive personality, this game will suck you through the Dark Portal never to be seen again. People have flunked out of school, lost their jobs, and gotten divorices because of this game. So only ask for the free trial if you think you can handle it. Serious, this stuff ranks up there with crack and meth. And I'm not going to let Bliz turn me into a pusher. But if you REALLY want to try it...

On the other hand, everyone over 30 should try LSD. Hell, go ahead and smoke some grass, drink some beer, eat some mushrooms, engage in casual sex, have a ball. Kids should do it too, but saying that tends to get people into trouble.

No comments: