Tuesday, August 15, 2006

That Old Time Religion

In a recent experiment I have been focusing energy on the old Norse rune, . Its origins associate it with cattle, which were a sign of wealth. Later it became associated with wealth in general. An interesting aspect of the Viking concept of wealth was that it was not just something to horde, but could also be used as gifts to buy honor. For instance, if you landed on some foreign shore to trade with the locals, you would give them samples of your goods to increase your honorable status with them. If they refused your gifts or acted ungrateful, you slaughtered the villagers and took everything. Likewise, if they did not bestow some fancy goods on you, it was burn, rape, loot, pillage time. Something to keep in mind during the holiday season.

So I have focused on this rune for some time now. When I masturbate, the energy from the climax gets funneled towards Feoh. When I shit, that rush that tingles up the spine as I finish is channeled towards Feoh. I drew the rune on our big white board as a constant reminder. And sometimes I just sit around thinking about it.

In the past week I have received 40 lbs. of beef, a solid silver coffee service complete with creamer, sugar, and biscuit bowls, someone offered me a trailer in exchange for a case of beer, and someone else invited me to spend four days in Cabos surfing and deep sea fishing on their grandparents' yacht. I can't reciprocate, so I guess I'll have to sharpen my sword.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Today I gave a co-worker a diver's knife so if a shark attacked him while surfing he could 'bite back'. I also offered to loan my throw-over canvas saddle bags to another co-worker who is riding to Seatle this weekend.

Looks like the sword can go back in the closet.