Saturday, August 19, 2006

Looking Around Me

So far today I have seen some interesting things.

While most months go by without me seeing any such thing, today I saw two V-Dub old school chopper style trikes. One was parked out by Scapoose and the other was across from New Seasons Market in P-town.

While driving near St. Helens I spotted an old 4 door rat rod with flame job for sale for less than $6k. Think it was a 50's Merc. A real bargain, but not my thing.

And while going through downtown I spotted a pair of cops instructing a tall, thin, naked man to lie down on the sidewalk. Personal opinion here; naked people really don't pose much of a threat to society. If they are managing to conceal a weapon, they are braver than anyone I know. As a nation we really need to get past this public nudity thing. The only ones who can get away with it are those who choose to be naked all the time. Sometimes I want to be naked, other times I want to cover up. But I have no choice if I want to leave my yard. It's an all or none deal. I felt sorry for the naked guy. It has to be uncomfortable to lie naked and face down on a city sidewalk on a hot day.

No comments: