Monday, August 07, 2006

Ruination

Back in 1996 I was looking at motorcycles, trying to decide if I should fix up the old Honda or get something else to ride. The fourth dealership I hit was the Harley-Davidson shop. While there I sat down on a Sportster. It wasn't even running but at that moment my life had changed, it had developed a clear focus. I became a Harley rider.

Yesterday I got that sensation again. I am a ruined man. The wave was only powerful enough for me to get to my knees, but I am hooked. Laying in bed last night I kept feeling the waves. They would wash over me in a mighty blast and then the current would try to sweep me away. And I wanted to let it take me.

I can never leave the coast. My next move will have to bring me closer to the beach. Eventually I will live in some coastal town in Southern California or Australia and do nothing but ride choppers and go surfing. Both are dangerous sports of balance and style. Freakin' Libra tendencies.

For now, I can rent a suit and board. By next summer, I'll probably want my own so at any time I can load up the truck and hit the beach. Ruined!

1 comment:

iSirkus said...

Whoooo hooo!

*cough*

Sorry, got a little excited. Australia has warm water...



WV: fpmofmt