Tuesday, August 08, 2006

AWPC: More Surf

My co-worker and I couldn't think about anything but surfing today.
M: So I figured it out. If we went straight home from work, went right to bed, we could wake up about six or seven, head to the coast, surf for a few hours, and still make it back in time for work.

Me: Yeah! We could. (long pause while I seriously consider it) If I had my own gear I'd say yes. But for now, I'm going to practice restraint.
He also talked up my surfing in front of the young girls at work.
M: For a guy who moved here from Minnesota, Jake was awesome. He was paddling out, got his timing down, and even almost caught a wave on his first time out. I give him a million points.
We were both positively glowing at work. Both from the joy of riding waves and the heat from our sun toasted faces.

His friend, a professional surf instructor, sympathized with our weak waves. Turns out that all week the sets were rolling in and he was camped on the coast to catch them. Then Friday afternoon they started to die down and it was hard to catch a decent wave. Total bummer.

1 comment:

iSirkus said...

dude.

If I start saying dude after everything...

Shoot me.





WV: Bezmq