Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Not An AWPC

I carry three tools in the side pockets of my Carharts at work. The two pockets on my right leg carry my pliers and an 4-in-1 screwdriver. In the pocket on my left leg, just below the unused hammer loop, is where I keep ''. That is what a co-worker nick-named my . It is a well used tool that has 'been around'. It is about the same length as its namesake and probably close to the same age. And I use it for lots of things such a tool should not be used for.

For instance, towards the end of my shift tonight, I was doing an emergency repair to a grinder. After using Ron Jeremy to tighten the replacement for a broken stop bolt, one of the clamp depression fingers was still just a bit too high to fully open the clamp. The chain was dragging on the clamp as it tried to feed through. Not having my hex keys on me to loosen the fixture and move the finger in the prescribed fashion, I once again whipped out Ron Jeremy, gave the fixture three solid whacks, pressed the 'RUN' button, and gave the operator the thumbs-up.

Maintenance is fun when you've got Ron Jeremy in your pocket.

No comments: