Friday, March 10, 2006

Spicy!

A guy at work brought in some red hot chili peppers marinated in pepper oil. He had all the guys back in the maintenance pit try one. Everyone agreed they were WAY too hot. One guy who has a reputation for liking spicy food ate two and said, "No more." Another guy ate one and turned bright red.

Then I got done cleaning tanks and hit the lunch room. Ajay offered me one of the peppers and all the guys started to giggle. "Really? I can have one?" Sure enough, so I took one, popped it in my mouth, and chewed. It was heavenly! The hot pepper came to life on my tongue and caused my whole body to experience a quick flush. Not only were these things hot, but they had flavor. "Ajay, these are fantastic!" Later he asked if I wanted more. I certainly did. So he gave me the rest of them! He had a whole jar of them at home.

Now Ajay and I make jokes about how the other guys can't handle REAL peppers.

Mmm, I think I'm going to go have a few right now.

No comments: