Friday, March 17, 2006

The "A" Word

Talking politics at work is always risky territory. But hey, they started it.

They started off on good ground, talkin' about everything wrong with the current el presidente. They continued with solid discourse on other bad 'leaders' this country has had. Then someone had to screw it all up by mentioning who they thought had done a good job. What's worse? They said Reagan.

That's when I popped the A-word. There is no such thing as a good politician. No individual can ever represent 'the people' because the people can't agree on what they want done. That is why, when it's all said and done, I remain an Anarchist.

"And I happen to be running for President in 2008. I'm not voting for me. My running mate isn't voting for me. I encourage all of you to do the same." I may have gotten a taker, too.

The other biker talked with me about it afterwards, expressing ideas of how people could make a change if they really wanted to, but the populous is way to apathetic about it. The people get who they deserve. "If we could get just 5% of the population to all write their representatives we could start making some real change."

"I've got a better idea. I say it's better because it requires people to do NOTHING. Get 10% of the population to do NOTHING on tax day. Can you imagine 10% of Americans deciding they just won't pay their taxes this year?"

"I like it! Money talks, bullshit walks, and even the laziest guy has no excuse."

It's still strange to use the A-word at work. I might as well tell them I'm a Shiite Cleric running an al Qaeda splinter cell.

No comments: