Saturday, March 18, 2006

Power to the Workers

A really great guy at work quit today. They told him that they were going to move him to a different shift. He was sick of getting tossed around by management, so he quit.

Right afterward he came up to me, handed me his phone number, and said, "I just quit. Fuck them."

People shortly after that came up and started to talk. Why did he quit? He was such a good worker. Strong production. I took the opportunity to implant my own agenda in everyone's heads, and it worked.

To quit when the bosses are dicking you around takes a strong individual. It's a liberating feeling to say, "Fuck you! I ain't your whore." This was the real kicker. "If you want any indication of what the company really thinks of you, take a look at who walks the quitters and the people who get fired out the door. It's the material handlers. That's all we are to them."

So cheers to you, Damon. I'll give you a call this weekend. Some may call you unemployed. Right now, you are in charge.

At least until the money runs out.

No comments: