Friday, March 10, 2006

I Am Mean

The landlord next door hates me. Ever since one of his tenneants let their cat get into our backyard (with dog meets cat results) he has harbored ill will towards me.

Today he was next door as my hound barked at him. "I'm going to have to get into your yard to fix what your dog has done to my fence."

"Let me take a look." I walk over and inspect the fence. "You see, your post is rotted at the base. That's your problem."

Miffed. "Well, I still want to come over and prop a couple of 2x4's between the tree and the fence. That should hold it."

"You're not propping anything against the tree in our yard."

Funny thing is, if he hadn't wrongfully blamed my dog for the fence, I might have let him do it. It's just a rental property.

1 comment:

List with Laszlo said...

Sounds like neighbor has the same poor judgement the cat had!