Friday, March 03, 2006

Correcting Myself

A fresh day and a fresh new way of looking at things.

I was staring at the pictures of the new concept Camaro. So many things seemed decent, but not quite right. That's when I realized that Chevrolet has given the world exactly the kind of muscle car it needs. The Dodge Challenger concept car is a piece of art in and of itself. The new Ford Mustangs are a genuine consumer level toy, an affordable novelty.

The new Camaro is the starting ground. Every time I look at it all I can think is how to alter the hood, change the grill, add a blower, maybe some upswept side pipes, and add an aggressive paint job. This is a car that demands to be modified. It's like the Dyna Super Glide by Harley-Davidson. As a stock bike, it ain't much. It's allure is as a base for building your own dream. I think this new Camaro fills that same role in the modern muscle car world for those of us who see transportation as an art form.

No comments: