Saturday, March 25, 2006

AWPC's Abound!

So after a month of them breathing down our necks about production, production, production, tonight I went to work to discover that we had temporarily run out of orders and would spend the night cleaning.

Mikey: Do you think there'll be lay-offs?
Me: Unlikely. Spring is here and soon tornados will be tearing up the Midwest.
Tim: And hurricanes.
Me: Ooo, and straight line winds.
Tim: And mudslides.
Me: Disaster will strike.
Tim: And everybody will run to Home Depot to clean up the mess.
Me: And we'll be back in business.

Then I found out that packaging is divided between those who think Tim is cute and those who think I'm cute. I found out when I answered a maintenance call back there.

Maria: I think this one's cuter.
Lana: I'm sticking with the other one.
Maria: Please don't tell them what we talk about back here.
Jake: I perceive nothing that happens outside of the immediate vicinity of the machine that I am working on.
Maria: Huh?
Lana (w/ bad German accent): He knows nothing.

Tim and I guilt tripped some operators into sharing their lunch.

Tim: You ordered pizza? Did you ever stop to think that maybe we would have gone in on it, too?
Jessica: I'm sorry. Seray and I will share some of ours.
Tim: Both you and Seray ordered pizza?
Jake: And you never stopped to think that maybe the guys who make your machines run might want some?
Jessica: It was Raeline's idea!
Tim: Raeline too! I see how it is.
Jessica: We'll share.
Jake: No, no. We're obviously not important to you.

This ended with us scoring a couple slices of pizza for lunch.

Finally, Tim offered me this bit of wisdom about inebriation.

Tim: You can drink a girl pretty, but you can't drink her skinny.

No comments: