Sunday, March 19, 2006

The Butterfly Effect

I thought for certain I would hate this film. But somebody lent me their copy saying I would probably really enjoy it. So I went into this film thinking for certain that I was going to find that I just wasted the last two hours of my life.

I was wrong. The Butterfly Effect is a very well written film. This is probably the first time I've watched a film and gone, "Wow! What a great script!" The acting was average. They pulled it off. In defense of Ashton Kutcher, he manages to not destroy a great script. But if you want to watch and really enjoy the film, watch the director's cut. I was told to do so because of the extreme difference in endings. After watching the film I flipped the disk and watched the theatrical ending. If that is what they feel they have to do to a film to make it acceptable for American audiences, it's a good thing I'm not making movies.

Maybe it's because I have several volumes of journals that I keep, but The Butterfly Effect really did draw me in. Just watch the director's cut.

1 comment:

List with Laszlo said...

Jake,
Butterfly effect rocked. I especially like Thumper & the scene where he gets those guys in prison.