Monday, October 16, 2006

Too Much Balance

After my insane attempts to conquer the water element, I spent Sunday evening battling with the fire element. Went to Salvador Molly's to take the Great Balls of Fire challenge. It consists of having to eat five of their havanero cheese fritters with all of the havanero dipping sauce.

Every time a restaurant has warned me about spicy food, I've been disappointed. Nobody has come close to presenting my stomach with a real challenge. The Great Balls of Fire did not scare me.

I now know the melting point of an iron constitution. I was barely able to complete the challenge. After the first one my mouth was on fire. Two more and I was sweating and turning red. I managed to smile when they took my picture for the Wall of Flame.

Then I got home and it all settled into my stomach. The only thing that kept me from puking up the lot was thinking about how bad it would burn coming back up. Last night was a nightmare of being able to feel where it was as it traveled through my digestive system. Even after a glass of milk I had to sleep sitting upright. At this time, the oils are finally starting to be removed from my stomach lining while the main mass has made its first two attempts at bodily exit. The saving grace is that while my sphincter may never forgive me, my urinary tract has been spared.

No comments: