Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Still Not Voting

I looked over my voter guide and almost decided to vote due to one particular measure. Some puritanical pukes are trying to get a measure passed that requires a doctor to give 48 hours notice to the parents of an unemancipated minor before performing an abortion. Looking over the language I noticed that in no way did it stop the procedure. So even if the damn piece of shit measure passes, it just means that approximately 6 girls a year will have to get enough spine to fess up to their folks. If pops whacks her across face, she needs to get enough spine to either leave and file for emancipation or press charges for assault. But the measure almost got me to vote. All the other measures, if read in full, were meaningless.

While the people offering their arguments against this measure are using the same old annoying gimmicks, the folks arguing in favor of it are so much worse. Page after page of 'personal testimonials' about how having an abortion ruined their lives. Nobody who chose not to have one can say that. Once you've got the kid you are suddenly obligated to love and cherish them no matter what kind of a little shit they become. One of the things I hate about the 'personal testimonial' approach regarding the abortion issue is all the lying.
Let me tell you about a young girl who had an abortion. Blah blah blah. Blood, trauma, regret, abandonment, etc. That girl was me. Boo hoo.
The great majority of the individuals who profess to have had an abortion that destroyed their lives are really poor creative writers who somehow think that their Lord God Jehovah will overlook their lies since they are lying to save a fetus. They pulled a similar tactic on me once. Phone calls telling me to reconsider my position on the issue, someone close to me, blah blah blah. LIES!

I've got a personal testimonial for y'all. Let me tell you about an individual who minded his own business and didn't try to force people to live their lives as he saw fit. He didn't end up with my foot in his ass.

1 comment:

Scott said...

That person was me.