Friday, October 20, 2006

New Maintenance Policy

We thought for certain he was joking, but he wasn't. They actually want us to start our shift each day by going around to all of the operators, saying hello, and finding out how they are doing. So of course we went full tilt.
Hi!

How are you today?

That's just super!

Isn't it great to be here?

Can I get you anything? Maybe a cup of coffee or some tea?

No, I can't look at the problem with your machine right now. I have to say hello to all the other operators first. Company policy. But as soon as I'm done doing that you can be certain that I will work on your machine in the order in which we prioritize it.

I'm really glad we had this little chat.

Hey, you have a super day.
Then later the maintenance light would come on and we would go check it out.
I saw your light on and said to myself, "Oh no! (Name) is having a less than super day." Is there anything I can do to make it better?

That's just terrible! Why would a machine be that mean to you?

Do you need a cup of tea or maybe a group hug?

We'll get things back to being super for you.
Within a couple of days the operators are going to be begging their supervisor to make us stop.

No comments: