Sunday, October 15, 2006

Hardcore Surfing

Woke up early and headed to the beach. All the way there it was raining. As we got to the coast, the rain picked up as did the wind. So we had 20mph winds out of the west with rain and about 50F. But that didn't stop me from trying to surf. We were already soaked by the time we walked the half mile from the parking lot to the beach. The wind kept biting my long board and once managed to rip it from my hands. But that didn't stop me from trying to surf. The waves were small to begin with and fairly well blown out by the wind. My hands went numb in a matter of minutes. But that didn't stop me from trying to surf. When one beach wasn't working out, we moved on to another, looking for waves. Then on to another. Even after noon when the sun finally came out, it was still cold and the waves slow and weak. I ended up catching one real good belly ride and a decent knee ride. Of the three other people we saw out, nobody caught anything better.

What a great day!

No comments: