Thursday, October 26, 2006

Audio Consciousness Control

Haven't driven the truck in a while. I've been too busy proving my status as a hard core chopper fiend by getting an ice cold lap full of water on my way to work. But I needed to pick up dog food today, and those 50 lb. bags don't strap down to the chop very well.

The radio had been left on Air America. I tried to listen for amusement's sake. Within 1 minute I hadn't heard anything that resembled information. Not that I disagreed with Big Ed, he was just hurling cliches left and right. I know that's what most people need. They don't hear words, just sound bites. Why is that? Don't know, don't care right now. My head couldn't handle it anymore, so I punched the button to switch over to FM. Portland's alternative station. Having surface in the late 80's to early 90's, the alternative scene is in its teens. Worse yet, it is a whiny, clueless, suburbanite teen. No wonder I forgo commercial radio. What kind of culture are they trying to cram down our necks? Or are they clutching at straws to maintain some sort of relevance? Regardless, I am far happier scouring the web for obscure media that doesn't make my brain hemorrhage. Punch in the tape!

Ministry : Land of Rape and Honey

No comments: