Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Stop the Bloodshed

Self-assembling gel stops bleeding in seconds.
Swab a clear liquid onto a gaping wound and watch the bleeding stop in seconds. An international team of researchers has accomplished just that in animals, using a solution of protein molecules that self-organise on the nanoscale into a biodegradable gel that stops bleeding.
Last night I cut myself at work, immediately dumped some super glue on my finger, and the bleeding stopped in seconds. I'm not sure if it is biodegradable or works on the nanoscale, but the end result is the same.

For gaping wounds, rinse with listerine first. When screaming stops, apply super glue.

1 comment:

X said...

I find that Zap-A-Gap works best. It creates a nice hard shell. I've never bothered with any kind of disinfectant though. I figure that shit'll kill anything it comes in contact with anyway. If you sniff it, it works as a good general anesthetic too.