Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Minneapolis Old School

This is primarily for the , but I figured some other MSP escapees might enjoy this site of . It's hosted at the site of who used to have a fantastic late night radio show called . While he never came close to the pure radio genious that is (who could commit the cardinal radio sin of intentionally allowing dead air and actually see his ratings go up) The Diner had its moments and I listened regularly. One moment sticks out where a very sincere caller, an older lady judging by the voice, made the comment that they should all remember that there is only one true God. Lileks' engineer immediately agreed saying, "Yes! And it is Pan! The Goat God!" Classic.

Where was I... oh yeah. So, uh, buildings, you betcha.

2 comments:

List with Laszlo said...

Mishke is the goat god of radio!! And I thought I was the only one who listens to KSTP AM!

X said...

Cool, I especially liked the part on the Thunderbird. Someday I'll go back there for a visit. 20-year MCAE reunion maybe.