Sunday, September 10, 2006

Coffee Thoughts

This afternoon I paid a visit to my favorite drug den, the , for a mind altering dosage of caffeine. My usual coffee ritual involves three tall glasses in rapid succession combined with frantic journaling. When my hands are shaking so badly that my writing turns into chaotic scribbles on the page, I hop back on the chopper, ripped out of my gourd, and ride home. It still amazes me that driving under the influence of a heavy caffeine dose is legal. How do those Starbucks junky soccer moms do it?

One of my ponderings during the ritual involved the Sanskrit Sri Syadasti principle. Translated it says,
All things are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true, false, and meaningless in some sense.
Of course that means that the above passage is true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true, false, and meaningless in some sense. Contemplating the ramifications of this I felt enlightened, in some sense.

No comments: