Tuesday, January 17, 2006

More Toolbox Stuff

Because I just can't stop.

My new toolbox arrived Monday afternoon a few hours before I had to go to work. It was better than expected. It came with all of the ordinance foam rubber, two strips glued into place in the floor of the box, two on the lid, and four other pieces loose. I dremeled in slots for my wrenches in one of the glued in floor strips, packed all my tools in the box, and took it to work.

My supervisor told me to slide another guy's box down the bench behind the big vice. He laughed about it and looked to see if there was any way to move the vice back another inch to make the guys bottom drawer virtually inaccessible. They love messing with each other like that.

The machinists were all admiring my box and marveling at what one could get for just $15. And the brown paint nearly matches the high priced Kennedy boxes they all use.

Oh, and the box also came with a half burnt range plastic dial range finder for the original 81mm cannon shells. I'm keeping that.

No comments: