Wednesday, November 07, 2007

AWPC: I Pledge!

For some reason this nearly retired long time conservative still considers me one of the few sane ones at work. Right after ranting about how fast the current administration is destroying our country he launches into this...
Him: Speaking of loser politicians, all the Democrats running for President were at some event and they play the national anthem. There's our boy Obama standing with his hands in his pockets. And this guy wants to be President? If you're running for President you should have a little respect for the country you want to lead.

Me: Actually, I'm running for President with a pledge to tear the whole damn thing down.
I may not be much for singing the national anthem, but I have a mix tape in my truck with a celebrity saying the pledge on it. Every time I listen I say it right along with him.

No comments: