Sunday, December 02, 2007

Stupid Headline!

This is one of the most blatantly idiotic headlines I've seen grace my screen in quite a while.
Bush draws skepticism with hands-off approach to Mideast - Los Angeles Times
I had a feeling where this headline was going (and I was right), but it still struck me as stupid. Having large numbers of troops fighting continuing wars in two, count them, TWO Mideast countries and bases in others is not a hands-off approach.

Oh, wait, he meant his hands. Just like he had a hands-off approach to Vietnam. Yeah, that draws skepticism from me as well. Call me old fashioned (like from ninth century Scandinavia), but if you're leader of the people and you want to wage war you had better be the first one into battle and the last one out. The hands-off approach never got anyone into Valhalla.

No comments: