Wednesday, March 28, 2007

AWPCs

What a day!
Jake: Oh no. You don't get to choose who works on your machine. You just turn on your light and you get who you get.
Operator (a little Vietnamese gal who sounds almost exactly like Mad TV's Ms. Swan): But you actually fix machine.

O1: It just keeps laying the rivets down sideways.
Jake: Did you ask it to stop doing that?
O1: I did. It said it wanted Jake to come over and take a look at it.

O2: How come you're the only one who comes over here?
Jake: Maybe if you'd stop being so mean to them they'd come over more often.
O2: I think they're scared to come over here because none of them know how to actually fix anything.
All the ego stroking today was nice. Not quite as nice as receiving a pay increase commensurate to your skill level, but I'll take my pleasures where I can get them. Like the way all the Latinas at work pronounce my name with a soft J. It's very reminiscent of all the old Swedes I grew up around only prettier. But my favorite today was when our joke of a maintenance guy tried to put something simple together backwards.
Jake: If that guy gets any dumber he's going to end up President.

No comments: