Monday, January 29, 2007

Patience

Now is the time of waiting. Last week I finished cleaning up my surfboard, stripping it of wax and the previous decals. Friday and Saturday was spent carefully laying out the grid I would use to transfer the selected image to the board. Today represented a crucial moment in the process. In art, the transition from concept to manifestation can leave a person disappointed, disgusted, disheartened, disillusioned, and generally all around dissed. Working from my electronically rendered art in an effort to reproduce my vision on the physical plane, I was happy. Even as I carefully removed the penciled grid work with cotton swabs and lighter fluid, the outline rendered looked beautiful. Now a coat of red paint dries on the board. This paint dries quite quickly, and the temptation to continue is strong.

Now is the time of waiting. While the paint may look dry and feel dry to the touch, I know that application of a wet coat with some overlapping areas could easily ruin the work already accomplished. Tomorrow.

It still looks awesome.

1 comment: