Saturday, January 13, 2007

AWPC

After working in close proximity for about a year now, one of the machinists decided that I'm not just some bright weirdo with a knack for maintenance. While many say that intelligence in manufacturing is a rare find, I'd argue that the same could be said of most work environments. This week has been question after question regarding everything from theoretical conditions for a perpetual motion device to holographic data storage in computing (real) and the human brain (theory). Today he hit me with the inevitable question that always pops up in these situations.
M: What the hell are you doing in this shit hole?

Jake: I'm not sure, but it's fun. When it ceases to be fun, I'll move on and do something else.

1 comment:

List with Laszlo said...

Ah, the real reason mankind has pushed it's limits.."I'm bored. What else can I do? I know!"