Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Berserker: Almost an AWPC

Several factors lead up to the incident. For the past several nights I have been taking a swig of before bed. There was being woken up several hours earlier than usual by three guys with chain saws wanting me to move my motorcycle and truck so they could remove the big pine tree from our front yard (which I really didn't want to see go but the landlord had a different opinion). Then some fool decided to make bad nicknames for the maintenance guys on our shift and write them into the log book for the night. I got 'Viking Quest'. None of these things are excuses, just contributing factors.

That was how things stood when I discovered several people had completely ruined the repair job I had done the night before. It wasn't just the blatant destruction of the new parts I had put on, but the way they had somehow managed to leave just about every single bolt on the damn thing loose. I lost it.

I frightened a lot of people last night. My face was red. I had raised heavy machine parts above my head and started waving them around menacingly. My feet were kicking at the air as I yelled and screamed at people who had gone home to leave me with the fruits of their incompetence. It was an easy fix. That is what made me so mad. There was no mystery as to what was wrong with the thing and they managed to screw everything else up by not seeing that the track had become magnetized. In a fit of rage I blurted out an embarrassingly regrettable phrase.
Why can't we ship these morons back to the retard farm where they belong!?
When angry, I should really stick to profanity. Otherwise I have a tendency to say really bizarre phrases. At least in my berserker rage nobody was hurt. All of the operators are now quite certain that they never want to do anything to piss me off.

When presented with obvious evidence, never underestimate the potential for human stupidity.

No comments: