Monday, January 08, 2007

Blasphemer

I committed a blasphemy last night. It was so horrible, so wrong, and I enjoyed it. Knowing how wrong it is, confessing what I did is difficult. But it is far better to live an open, honest life than to go around pretending I am something that I am not.

I double hit the same espresso grounds. I know it was wrong. I'm not proud. I don't feel ashamed either. The result was a full cup of what was almost strong enough to be espresso, but more like the best cup of straight joe I could have imagined. The substance fueled an evening of audio book recording and lasted into the night. I dreamt of a purple egg shaped alien nymphomaniac named Poonjaba. With results like that I make no apologies for what I did and I will probably do it again. I know it's wrong, but it felt so good.

2 comments:

List with Laszlo said...

Double hit!! I'm speechless. I always thought you were a pureist. Now the purplr nymph, you may never come back!

Unknown said...

When I brought up my actions around co-workers I heard all sorts of horrible things. They talked about re-using grounds to make a pot of coffee the next day, maybe throwing a scoop on top of the filter to spruce it up a bit. Then there was the warming up of day old coffee in the microwave. It was horrible.

I repent! I repent! Never again will I commit such atrocities against the sacred bean.