Friday, December 16, 2005

Red in the Neck

I've got one hell of an outfit on today and a mood to match.

I'm wearing my duck cloth Utilikilt, a black t-shirt (of course), a tattered red flannel shirt, my old suede rust colored Silverado cowboy hat (14 years in this hat), a green denim jacket, and my gigantic 30 hole steel toed 'WTF You Looking At?' shiny boots.

The whole thing is this weird punk/cowboy/grunge ensemble that's neither here nor there. Yet this weird combination has come together to create something uniquely and fantasticly 'me'. It pays to experiment with weird combinations.

So to fit that mood, I'm listening to the latest podcast from Bloodshot Records. Acts like Deadstring Brothers and Waco Brothers are really doing it for me right now. But it leaves me wondering why Bloodshot hasn't picked up Fluffers Union yet?

No comments: