Saturday, December 17, 2005

Public Enemy

So the Goddess and I were talking over burgers, milk shakes, and fries. A lot of people seem paranoid that the FBI might be tapping their phones and reading their mail. I laughed. I've known for years that the FBI has a huge file on me and likes to check in on the old phone lines and letters business every so often. It happens when you demand some of those things granted by the Consitution. But there, in the corner of the burger joint, it dawned on me;

Who else has been eaves dropping on me? Naval Intelligence has had complaints brought against it for far exceeding its bounds on domestic intelligence gathering. Then there's the Dept. of Homeland Security, they might want to know what I've been up to. Even the CIA has had its wrists slapped a few times for spying around in its own country. And what of local law enforcement? Nobody shares information with other departments. They all think that somehow the others have been infiltrated and will leak the goods to the 'enemy'. So while I used to sleep soundly knowing that the FBI was watching over me and my activities, now I just don't know. Maybe even the aliens are in on it. You can't trust those Doggies from Sirius.

The middle aged gentleman in the next booth wasn't looking too healthy by the time I got done ranting about all of this. I didn't mean to frighten him. I was just theorizing that maybe even the Discordians have super secret sleeper agents planted everywhere, waiting to pounce on the squares in the dark alleys of their minds.

1 comment:

List with Laszlo said...

Jake,
When you are president I encourage you to publish embarassing pictures of the current spy chiefs for all to see!