Wednesday, December 28, 2005

More AWPC

OK, so work has been somewhat interesting this week.

Sitting around the lunchroom, I explained how one could theoretically employ the same equipment used in hospitals for MRI's in a smaller model to remove the metal slivers from a person's hand at the end of the work day.

Worker 1: See! I knew you were a smart one.
Worker 2: Well, he did used to be a teacher.
Worker 3: And a priest.
Me: And I'm now a writer on the side.
Worker 1: What the hell are you doing here?!
Me: I like to get dirty.

4 comments:

X said...

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Bree O'Connor said...

Fuck you, X. I was gonna say that.

Have either of you noticed that I spend way too much fucking time reading you?

X said...

Bree, of course I noticed that, but to say anything about it would be like two Baptists seeing each other at a strip club.

Unknown said...

A few years ago while listening to Tom Waits I got the idea that the line, "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king," was actually a veiled reference to Odin even in it's older historical context.

Thanks!