Friday, January 04, 2008

I Was Wrong

I predicted a clear win for Clinton because I thought Iowans were still a bunch of racist bastards. I was wrong. Iowa upsets deliver wins for Huckabee and Obama. So the racist bastard Republicans selected a conservative Christian. Meanwhile the sexist Democrats relegated Clinton to third place. A little spin on a strange turn of events.

But there were two lines in the article worthy of noting. Emphasis mine. Second one first.
Republican voters also rejected the established order, awarding a convincing victory to Mike Huckabee, the Baptist preacher who until two months ago was a virtual unknown outside his native Arkansas.
So who were they trying to convince of the victory?

With that spin in mind, read the previous sentence.
Barack Obama swept away any sense of inevitability about Hillary Clinton's march to the White House last night...
These are well paid professional writers working for one of the world's top news outlets, The Guardian. But I feel certain that the first two lines of the article just happen to contain these words as a late night folly made by very tired reporters. There is no programming being attempted. The fnords can't hurt you. This is not a staged event.

1 comment:

List with Laszlo said...

I have no horse in this race but must say I was glad to see Clinton getted bitch slapped. The Clinton's have acted like this was wrapped up and now realize they must actually convince the voters.

Huckabee is way to xian for my tastes. But hey, at least both establishments got a wake up call.