Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Bigot Vote

Hey everybody! Turns out racism is OK. You can even use it to justify your choice in the elections.
It's OK to vote for Obama because he's black | Salon

I believe that most of Obama's supporters are voting for him for the same reason. Like me, they're drawn to his idealism, his youthful energy, his progressive politics. But it's his blackness that seals the deal."
Woohoo! It's a return to the good ol' days. You can vote for someone based on the color of his skin. You could even vote for Clinton based on her gender. Hell, why not vote for another white male just because he's a white male. Apparently some progressives have decided it's OK. Racism and sexism are no longer conservative hallmarks.

One can only assume that the opposite is true as well. So it's OK to not vote for somebody based on their ethnicity and/or gender. Maybe even their religion.

In fact, you should vote for me because I am tall and have facial hair. Or maybe because I have blond hair and blue eyes. Or maybe because I have bigger feet than the other candidates. Or maybe because my personal appearance is exactly the sort of western deviance those damned Fundamentalist Islamic terrorists hate so damn much... and I like to eat pork. Now that it is OK to pick a candidate based on prejudice, there are all kinds of reasons to Vote Jake!

9 comments:

rbbergstrom said...

One can only assume that the opposite is true as well. So it's OK to not vote for somebody based on their ethnicity and/or gender. Maybe even their religion.

I think that's more like the inverse. The opposite would be not voting at all, for reasons totally unrelated to bigotry. Speaking of which, I think you've got that covered, too. :)

X said...

My reason for not voting is because I'm bigoted against the human race. I certainly haven't met the vast majority of humans, but based on my limited experience I've developed the prejudice that no human being is capable of handle the power of the presidency.

That goes for chimps too, but I'm more open-minded about other species.

rbbergstrom said...

Mice?

X said...

I'd have to know where the mouse stands on the issues.

Also, I don't want it pooping on my kitchen counter. I'm sick of them doing that.

"Them" being mice, but I suppose it goes for presidents too. LBJ was apparently notorious for that.

Anonymous said...

I am not cool with the idea of a mouse president. I can not communicate with many of them but the few I have seen and understand are a lot like our current president. I'd vote for Pinky but I am sure he comes with Brain and he is the one I dislike.

X said...

I think we already have Pinky and the Brain in the White House.

So I guess mice are out too.

rbbergstrom said...

Dolphins then?

X said...

Dunno, I'm feeling pretty down on mammals in general.

rbbergstrom said...

No wonder you're voting Jake.