Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Snake Oil

Bush Challenges Nations to Help Bring Democracy to Cuba because forcing everybody to be just like you is cool.
"Now is the time to stand with the Cuban people as they stand up for their liberty,' Bush said in remarks at the State Department. 'And now is the time for the world to put aside its differences and prepare for Cuba's transition to a future of freedom and progress and promise."
As far as I know, the Cubans most likely to despise Castro and Communism are the ones no longer living in Cuba. Most of them are Americans now. That's what happens. When you don't like the way things are being done, you get up and leave for some place different. Unless you can't find any place that is really any better than what you got. So since I can't go move to someplace better, I have to make this backwards hick nation more tolerable.

And when I say backwards hick, I'm really talking about the American people. But not you, dear reader. I am certain you are far better than the average filth just because you are reading my words here. You are part of the social elite soon-to-be ruling class that will purge the stupidity from the White House, fix the economy, give away free top notch health care to everyone, cater to born again Christians and atheists alike, and can be used as a laxative and to relieve minor back pain. Because you and your close circle of friends are right and everybody else in the world is wrong and it is Your turn to play on the monkey bars no matter what Jimmy and Ms. Crabapple say about sharing.

Damnit Bush! Now I want fried plantains. Thanks for bringing up Cuba, jerk. No Snake Oil for you!

Hey kids! Use your decoder ring to find out what Jake is really saying.

UPDATE


I loved Castro's response.
Only Cubans will decide Cuba's political future.

3 comments:

List with Laszlo said...

I also like Bush's quote that we (America) would not accept Castro passing power to his brother. Or what? Another bay of pigs? Another Iraq? If Cubans don't like it they can revolt themselves. I think communism sucks, but hey we can't invade every country with a repressive government can we? I just wish they'd end this cigar embargo.

Anonymous said...

mmmmmm cigars. They smell like ass but what fun! If elected can you assure us all Cuban cigars? Oh and I don't want to pay $15 for each one either.

Unknown said...

When elected I'll let people go down and get them fresh rolled on the streets of Havana. Cost is between you and the artisan rolling.