Friday, November 24, 2006

No Clever Title

Go read this interview with Australian film director Dr. George Miller.
“I was seeing people in extremis, in the aftermath of all kinds of violence,” he says. “And one thing I noticed is that what we do with the new brain, the cerebral cortex, is quite different from what we do with our reptilian brain. What we say and what we do are quite different. I’m baffled by the fact that the United States basically swept the Nobel Prizes this year, and yet at the same time there’s this descent into a very dark period [brought on] by your leaders. That’s why I was very interested in violence, because I was very conflicted myself about it, this conflict between the early brain and the late brain. You’ve got to see the two working in harmony. You’ve got to find a way to reconcile them.”
There is double good news in the article. First, Miller is planning on making another Mad Max film. Second, and what makes the first one good news, is that it will not have Mel Gibson in it.

Now go read it. Go! NOW!

No comments: