Wednesday, November 02, 2005

While I'm Talking About Smoking

A guy at work told me that he was trying to curb his smoking since his little boy now lives with him at least half the week. Then on the next break I had the misfortune of hearing him have a telephone conversation with the mother of the child. (I hate cell phones.) The two of them accused each other of several things, most of it revolving around their son. The two do not live together and their only relationship now is the one they entered into by deciding to bring this child into the world.

My two cents on this. I would rather see a parent chain smoke in a small room with their child than to see the mother and father fighting around and/or about their child constantly. I've known plenty of fine individuals who grew up with heavy smokers. Children of fighting parents, even if the parents don't live together, always seem to have some issues they have to struggle with to overcome, and that's the lucky ones.

So I say to no one in particular; You had enough interest in each other at one time to make this child possible. For your child's sake, let go of the negativity and light up.

No comments: