Monday, November 21, 2005

Buy Nothing Day 2005

I just wanted all of my readers to know that this Friday, November 25th, is Buy Nothing Day!

That's right. For 24 hours those of us who choose to participate in BND will do so by not participating in consumer culture. Why do I choose to observe BND? Remember the feeding frenzy on toys like Cabage Patch Kids and Tickle Me Elmos? Remember family trying to insist that it wasn't about the presents even though they spent tons of time and cash on gifts? Ever found yourself in a mall during the holiday shopping season surrounded by stressed out shoppers and having to listen to that damn music until your ears bleed? I have a solution for you. This Friday, buy nothing. Shortly after that my book will be available for sale and you can buy it for all your friends! Problem solved. Merry seX-Mas!

So let's all band together and make this the worst first day of the X-Mas shopping season ever! (Sorry X. That's what you get for having your own holiday.)

1 comment:

X said...

s'okay. Despite the temptation of dirt cheap MP3 players, I didn't buy anything today either.

BTW, I got the coolest letter string for word verification, "hiadorrr". It sounds like a great battle cry.